Webinar Title: ICD-10-CM Training: Introduction, Conventions and General Coding Guidelines
Speaker: Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA
Webinar copy follows:
It is official! Physicians must begin using ICD-10 codes starting Oct. 1, 2015. The new diagnostic system has some great benefits over the current system. Coders and providers can gain confidence in moving to the new system armed with the fundamentals.
Sign up now to watch this 4-hour presentation (a $149 value) in which Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA, trains coders and providers on transition planning, core diagnoses rules and ICD-10-CM guidelines.
Get training on ICD-10 codes including:
- Comparison and benefits of ICD-10 over ICD-9
- Tips on how to prevent claim slow-downs post ICD-10 implementation
- Where to find resources to help you
- How to report a “borderline” diagnosis – The answer may surprise you!
- Major differences between the two diagnostic coding systems
- 2 Excludes Notes: Pay attention to 1.
- Strategies to make transitioning to ICD-10 seamless and effortless
- Documentation improvements that 2 new concepts dictate.
Who should attend:
- ICD-10 Project Manager
- Physician (MD)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC®)
- Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Specialist
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Auditor (CPMA)
- Qualified healthcare provider (QHP)
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Compliance Director
- Director of Education
- Healthcare attorney
- ICD-10 Physician Champion